Thursday, January 26, 2012

week 25 day 7

I remember watching "Friends" when Rachel was "pregnant" and I remember she wore a lot of shirts that showed the underside of her belly.  I remember very distinctly watching the shows and talking with my friends about how gross it looked and when I would be pregnant, I would never show my belly.  Because it doesn't look good.  Because I wouldn't want to show off my belly at all.  Because I didn't want to be like Rachel.

Yet here I am.  Almost 26 weeks pregnant and you know what I show every single day?  My belly.  I can't seem to help it.  Maternity shirts don't fit me well.  And besides, I refuse to spend much money on shirts that probably would (which is my main problem) so I have the over-sized maternity shirts from the first pregnancy and my regular shirts I wear when I'm not pregnant.  So of course I go for my regular clothes.  I already feel gross ... why make it worse by wearing over-sized shirts?  And so my belly shows.  I try to make sure it's always covered, but if you catch me walking around my apartment, I can guarantee you my belly's hanging out.

This little boy seems a lot bigger or likes to lay a lot differently than K.  When he's awake, I can usually feel one limb in my ribs and one limb sitting very low.  He loves to push on my bladder at the most inconvenient times, and he loves to give K some nice, hard kicks when she wants to cuddle with me.

Last night as I was lying in bed, I was rubbing my belly and to my surprise, I felt some big round thing - a head or a bum.  I had Mike feel it because I couldn't believe it.  I don't remember feeling things like that until much later with K so I was amazed.  So we'd push gently on it and he'd move away, then a few seconds, it'd be right back to where it was.

K has become more clingy than ever.  I hope it's a short phase because I'd really like her to not be right next to me all the time.  We went to story time at the library this morning and she refused to do anything but sit right next to me or sit on my lap except for once.  She sat a few feet in front of me and was listening intently to the story but all of a sudden realized I wasn't next to her, so she looked for me and ran back to me.  I'm glad that she likes to be with me, but with a baby coming, it's really bad timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment