Saturday, November 12, 2011

week 14 day 2

I crave sushi.  I think it's because I know I can't have the ones I really want but I think about it on a daily basis.  In fact, I even go to Happy Sumo's menu online and dream of what I'd eat if I could.  Mmm, all the raw goodness.

I had a rough day yesterday, emotionally.  I tell Mike all the time that I can't wait to be not pregnant or breastfeeding because I hate the rollercoasters it takes me on.  So Mike wanted to take me to Happy Sumo.  We went and it was a 45-minute wait at 9:30 at night!  But Mike hadn't eaten dinner (I had eaten at least two dinners) and Katie was fast asleep at home so we decided to wait it out. 

We went outside into the 40 degree weather and stood under a little pavilion thing that had heaters.  It was the warmest place outside because the roof kept in some of the warmth.  We stood on a bench to get closer to the heaters and it was perfect.  We played hangman on my phone for about 20 minutes and it was good just to be out of the house, away from responsibility.  I think we all need that every now and then.

We ended up deciding to go inside and just as we walked in, our names were called!  I ordered a Mango Mamma Roll.  It's always sounded gross ... tempura shrimp, cream cheese, topped with mango, coconut, and a fruit sauce.  Fruit on a sushi roll?  Yuck.  But on a whim, I tried it last time we were there and it is amazing!  I've thought about it daily ever since.  Of course, I don't get the coconut on top but it's so perfect.  It's fruity with a slight reminder that it's actually sushi.  And the best part?  It's pregnant-lady friendly - no raw meat! Mmm.

I love sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment