Monday, November 22, 2010

Every 3rd Sunday, Mike's family has a Family Home Evening.  Last night was no exception.  Right before the lesson, all the kids sat down on the ground and Mike sat K next to the kids so she could sit with the kids.  She loved it.  She was so excited that she wouldn't even sit up by herself (which she can do now for longer periods of time as long as she doesn't get too excited or too distracted).  After the newness wore off (for K and her cousins), she just sat there with all the kids and it was so cute.  Being one of the younger kids that go to FHE, however, I'm sure once she's mobile, she'll be following all of her cousins doing exactly what they do. 

Although she's not even 5 months, she has become quite the little toddler in the way she acts.  She has developed this weird thing where she likes being held by Mike and I but only very few select others are able to hold her without her crying.  I'm not sure how she chooses them but she does and although I enjoy when she'll go to others so I can get something else done, it's always satisfying when she's crying with someone else and then stops crying when I hold her.

She also has realized that when she doesn't get what she wants, she can cry and let me know how she really feels about it.  People keep telling me that she must not be crying for the reason I think she is because she's too young but I think I know exactly what's going on ... and they're all right ... she's way too young to be doing this.  I take her away from toys, from the computer screen, from looking at clothes, from looking at a certain person or thing, and when she wants to still play or look, she'll go straight from "I'm liking this" to "I hate everything about this" and cry until I can get her distracted with something else.  I have no idea where she learned this or why this is happening so soon, but I must admit, it's pretty funny.  She's just so dang cute and she cries for such menial reasons that I can't help but laugh when she cries because of these things.  I just hope that since it's starting so soon, she'll be grown out of it by the time she's actually expected to act like this ... but don't worry, I'm not counting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment