Friday, October 1, 2010

reading and socializing

This week we've been in Omaha visiting relatives.  I almost think K has gotten the most out of our trip.  They have 3 kids ages 2, 4, and 6.  K loves being around them.  The first day we were here, it was obvious that she was fascinated by them.  She loves watching them run around and I'm sure she's dying to do the same. 

Yesterday we went to the zoo.  I was kind of sad because K napped the entire time and I think she would've liked to see all the people and animals.  When we got home though, if she wasn't near the kids and able to watch them, she would cry until I moved where she could see them.

Last night we left her with the relatives and we went out to dinner.  We left during the kids' reading time so I gave her to my sister-in-law who sat K on her lap.  The other 2 girls were sitting next to their mom.  It was such a cute picture of K sitting with all the girls while they read a book.

Lately, K and I have been reading quite a bit.  It's a lot easier here too when there are tons of kids' books around.   But she loves looking at the pictures and looking at the text.  I always feel bad when reading time is over because she seems so interested in the book.  I hate taking it away from her.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like she's going to be a bookworm. You should get her a library card! Wait maybe she'll be like Matilda. She might gain mind powers and torture bad people like Miss Trunchbull. Maybe...

    ReplyDelete