Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Real Babe

K finally is acting more like a baby rather than an infant. She recognizes me, talks to me, sits up almost on her own, moves herself around on her play mat (although I think it's on accident), holds toys (but has no clue what's going on), cries when I stop doing something she was enjoying, and is growing some nice chunk on her legs and cheeks.

It's a little bitter sweet. I realize she only gets more "real" and complicated from here but I'm excited for it. At the same time, there's a part of me that wishes she could stay just a little infant for a lot longer. She used to be so peaceful during the day - so content sitting in my arms all day...

Yesterday she threw a full on temper tantrum. She was lying on the floor, kicking her legs, flailing her arms, red in the face, screaming. I had never seen her do that before and I'll admit, I found it slightly comical. It reminded me of a grown adult who I've seen in the same temper tantrum mode and it's hard not to laugh. I always think of a cartoon little red devil.

But K is really great. She's so beautiful. That reminds me of a couple weeks ago at a doctor's office. One lady stopped me as I was walking out and asked me how old K was. I told her and she said, "oh my. Well you're gonna hafta start beatin' her with an ugly stick."

I didn't quite know what to say to that so I just smiled and wished her a good day. I mean, what do you say to that? Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment