Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to the old life ...

... almost. I will sleep in until noon if you let me, I have to feed someone every few hours, and I have a baby plus a diaper bag to take with me everywhere I go but other than that, life is a lot more normal than it was a few weeks ago. Not to mention the 5+ straight hours of sleep I've had for the past week and a half really helps.

Today K slept in until about 8 am and around 10, she took almost a 3 hour nap. It took me a half hour to wake her up. She's like her dad - if she doesn't want to wake up yet, she won't.

During the last hour, I read some forums online to see what other people said about how long their 6 week olds sleep. I worried I had let her sleep too long. Most of them said their babies only sleep 2-3 hours at a time with 4 or 5 hours being the longest amount of time. And one lady mentioned that most healthy babies will wake themselves by 6 weeks if they're hungry. And that was when I stopped worrying whether she was sleeping too much. That lady was right. When K is hungry, she let's me know.

So today, I'm so grateful K sleeps so well. I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment