Thursday, June 24, 2010

week 38 day 5


Today's doctor appointment was pretty disappointing and I'm positive the doctor could see it on my face. Nothing has really changed and although the baby is moving down, that's about it. But then again, dilation and effacement really mean nothing other than my body's getting ready so I shouldn't be disappointed.

The doctor began stripping my membranes today and I've been really stressed about it because online, I read about women who said it really hurts. At the end of the appointment today, I asked the doctor about it because I didn't think he had done it. But he actually had already done it and I had no idea. It was surprisingly painless.

Today is mostly disappointing because of last night. Around 10 pm, I began having really intense contractions that were pretty evenly spaced. We thought that this might be it so we stayed up late watching "Mythbusters." But after 3 hours, they stopped and I went to bed. I, of course, still had contractions throughout the night but nothing out of the ordinary.

It's getting tough to just wait around everyday. I mean, I've been working about 40 hours a week which has kept me more busy than I'd like to be, but at the same time, I sit here in front of this computer most of the day working, wondering when anything's going to happen as I work. And nothing ever happens. I've been feeling sick on and off this past week but I think it's just because my body really wants me to rest and I just don't have as much time to rest as I'd like. But I think my friends are right ... I really need to find more time to rest. I just don't like lying around all day, watching movies and television. In fact, it's hard for me to just sit there for an hour doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment