Sunday, May 2, 2010

week 31 day 1

I can't believe there are only 9 weeks left! Nine is a single digit! I haven't been in a single digit for over 20 weeks - back when I was only 9 weeks pregnant! But I knew these last few weeks would go by fast because of our move, a work thing I need to have planned by tomorrow since the activity is tomorrow, and Hawaii!

In one week, we'll be at the airport, waiting for our plane so we can leave Utah and get to Hawaii. A short 7 hours later, we'll be there enjoying the lack of snow/hail/sleet. I am planning to definitely live it up since this for sure will be our last big vacation before the baby. We thought our last trip in November would be it but we were blessed with another last vacation ... which is very much needed.

Last night in the middle of the night I woke up with some intense pain. I've felt a couple of braxton-hicks contractions but what I was feeling last night didn't feel the same. Now that I'm awake and thinking clearly, it probably was one but when I'm half asleep and scared out of my mind, it's really hard to decipher pain. I woke Mike up because I was crying and scared. It ended up going away but right before Mike went back to sleep, I said once again, "I don't know why I ever thought I could have a natural birth."

Two nights ago when I was wide awake and couldn't sleep, I was sitting on the couch. Katie was quite active and I looked down and my stomach literally looked like a wave. The big bump would move to the left and then to the right. She repeated this multiple times. It was so fun just to watch her because I hadn't been able to all day. So I rubbed the little bump (which is only awkward because what if it's her butt?), told her she was a silly girl, and I rolled onto my side and she stopped moving.

Fun times. I can't even imagine the fun we're going to have in the upcoming months!

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet. I love seeing people's bellys move then they're preggers. It seems so alien. It's fun to get ice or when your fingers are really cold and touch your belly and then they try and move away from it. Have fun in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete