Saturday, February 6, 2010

week 18 day 7

Goodbye sleep.

This is the second night in a row that we've gone to bed early and Mike zonks out and I somehow become more awake.  I'd like to sleep.  I'm exhausted through most days but it seems like I have some sort of wicked sleep cycle going on.  Right now I'm at the no-sleep phase.

Too bad I don't have work to do.  Well, maybe I have a little but I either need stamps or I need to call people, neither of which I'm about to do at 2 in the morning.  And I've exhausted all of my other internet pass times, facebook, blogs, linkedin, and don't have enough creative energy to do another page of digital scrap booking, although maybe I should anyway.  I haven't felt like reading lately because my attention span is very short.  I don't like most movies and fell asleep during "Finding Nemo" tonight while Mike watched it even though it was I who wanted to watch it.  And I have no other hobby that I feel like pursuing other than scrap booking.  So I'm blogging.

I read somewhere that some women have head congestion during their pregnancy.  I'm hoping I can kick the rest of my leftovers from being sick but the congestion is still lingering.  Maybe I'll be one of those with congestion.

My great idea to have Mike lose a pound for every pound I gain is quickly failing.  I'm too tired to do a bunch of activities with him, therefore he doesn't do them, and since I seem to be constantly eating, Mike feels justified in eating all of the time as well.  Although there are definitely days when I think he's just having a sympathy pregnancy.

Since October, Mike and I have found that when he rubs my belly, I am able to fall asleep more calmly and any pains I have in my abdomen subside.  It's fantastic.  He also usually includes a "hello baby" just in case the baby can hear him.

Oh, speaking of baby, I'm back to deciding that the baby is a girl.  Mike is still sticking with the guess of a boy but I think I've changed my mind.  I thought it was a girl from the very beginning until a couple of months ago.  However, then I had that weird dream about giving birth to a baby that was on a meat scale in Smith's and so I'm back to thinking it's a girl.

1 comment:

  1. Cute baby bump! I agree with you, I think it's a girl :)

    ReplyDelete