Thursday, December 3, 2009

week 9 day 5

Today I found out my supervisor is pregnant as well but with twins! Yikes! I think anyone who has twins is truly amazing. I don't know if I could do it.

Yesterday was a very scary day. In the morning, I suddenly got really bad abdominal pains which made me just want to crash on the couch for a few hours. However, I was on campus with Mike and once I got home, I had a bunch of work stuff to do so I couldn't take a nap for very long. Just as I was falling asleep, despite all the pain, I received a phone call and had to take it. But miraculously, all the pain went away and it was no longer a scary day. I'm sure it was just my body working really hard ... thank you body for being able to do this for us!

I have been craving cheeseburgers like nothing since I've been pregnant which is weird because I don't like fast food. In fact, within a few months of dating Mike, I got him off of liking fast food as well. Now we almost always prefer a nice sit-down place that's more expensive over the clogged arteries that a juicy hamburger from McDonald's could cause.

But not anymore. I will take a little cheeseburger from Five Guys with a side of cajun fries any day! Mmmm ...

Speaking of fat, I've gained quite a few pounds in the past couple of months. Last night when I weighed myself, I weighed more than I ever have before which is okay with me because let's be honest, I love food and my body loves the nutrients. I'm just hoping all of this quick weight gain doesn't mean twins. Not that they wouldn't be wonderful but really? Little me with twins? I don't think so.

Oh, and since I haven't been great at writing since the vacation last week, I've been really cranky as anyone who's encountered me probably knows. The biggest problem is that I recognize that this isn't like me. And maybe it's not so much cranky as much as I tell people how I feel and I don't really care how it comes out. Ugh. It's awful.

Not only that but I cry a lot. I cry at the simplest things. But I'm grateful for that. It helps me remember that I do have a soft side.

No comments:

Post a Comment