Monday, October 31, 2011

week 13 day 4

Another middle-of-the-night post, thanks to RLS.  I guess it's good cause otherwise I would never write!  Or edit photos.

Last Monday, we had a major scare.  I woke up in a panic and was annoyed at the nurse for not calling me back immediately.  I became a first-time pregnant lady again.  And it was not a pretty sight.

But at the end of the day, the doctor said I should be fine and luckily I had an appointment for Tuesday.  At that appointment, Dr. Lameroux first listened for the heartbeat (and it was beating strong) and then he did an ultrasound and the little baby is doing great!  We even got more pictures to add to our collection!

The baby definitely looks like a boy, but I still have this feeling that it's going to be a girl.  Well, not so much of a feeling as much as remembering that I had a dream about a little girl who was supposed to be this baby.  But thinking back on it, I don't think the baby looked a thing like us so who knows whose baby it was!

Thus far, the second trimester hasn't changed anything about how I feel but I'm expecting it to any day here.  I would love to have more energy, not want to puke at the sound of certain foods, and not feel nauseated most evenings.  But if I remember correctly, it will happen sometime soon ... I've just got to keep pressing forward!

I've already begun having the stretching pain on my abdomen.  I'm pretty bummed because I don't remember it happening this early on last time but I'm also a bit bigger this time at this stage than last time.  But on a happier note, this pregnancy is flying by and I'm loving it (the flying, not the pain)!

No comments:

Post a Comment