Thursday, January 6, 2011

In case you don't read our main blog, we went to the pediatrician's today for her 6-month appointment!

She is 25 1/2 inches long and has only gained 13 ounces since her last visit 2 months ago.  The doctor, however, is not worried since she's probably going to be really short.  He says that when babies have inherited shorter genes, you can see at about this age that they have since they will start lagging behind the others in weight and height.  And she's definitely lagging.  I just saw that a 10-week old that I know has already passed her up in weight!

K has also decided that during the middle of the night is the best time to wake up and need attention.  I disagree, however.  So this weekend, it's sleep intervention for Cutie ... unless she starts sleeping better from the solids we've been giving her.  Some nights she does okay (like 7 pm - 6:30 am) and some nights we're (and by "we're," I mean Mike or I) up with her at 9, 1, 3, and/or 5.  We might as well have a newborn again.

But I do like newborns.  Tonight, Christa's little one was squeaking and snoring throughout staff meeting.  I miss all the little sounds a newborn makes ... but I do love Cutie's giggles and talking.

1 comment:

  1. Could that be MY ten-week-old?! She's quite the chunk- I wouldn't be surprised :)

    ReplyDelete