Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm exhausted today.  I'm not really sure why but it hit me around noon and I was ready to go back to bed.  Two pm came quickly after feeding K, doing laundry, reading books, and making some baby food but she was less than ready for her nap.  We still swaddle her and she completely undid her swaddling and was throwing a fit.  As soon as I went in and picked her up, the crying magically stopped - so funny how that happens.

I fixed her blankets and laid her back down and swaddled her.  She started crying again and being really tired myself, I climbed in her crib and laid down.  I remembered that Christa had said that co-sleeping has really helped her little babe sleep so I thought I'd try it - maybe she wouldn't cry because she was missing her pacifier if I was there.  It was worth a shot at least.  After about 30 seconds of her crying, she noticed I was laying next to her.  She would look at me, look away, look back at me really quickly, and repeat a few times.  Then she just stared at me.  I had my eyes mostly closed in hopes that she would see that it's okay to sleep in her crib.  After all the staring at me, she closed her eyes and within a minute, she was breathing deep and drifting off to sleep.

I was almost asleep when suddenly a kid above us started jumping up and down and it sounded like he was right above the crib.  The floor/ceiling was really squeaky and I was real worried it was going to cave in.  After the scare, I decided I should get up and finish up some work but I'll tell you what, that is one comfy crib!

And the fact that she fell asleep next to me without her pacifier is just further proof that she really doesn't need her pacifier - it's just a really bad habit.  I feel bad taking it away from her, but after waking up several times a night to put that thing back in her mouth for the past few weeks, I for sure am not missing it right now.  She is sleeping completely through the night (or at least I don't hear her) and sleeps 30-60 minutes longer than she used to.  Other than the crying, I'm loving it.  Plus it's just one less thing to wash and keep track of. :)

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh. I love that you climbed in her crib with her! hilarious story

    ReplyDelete