Sunday, December 12, 2010

I had K during Relief Society today. Sometimes Mike gets to take her to Priesthood with him but I love to take her with me to RS so I try to make it seem like Mike's getting a good deal by letting her come with me. Today about 6 minutes before the class was to get out, I had K standing on my lap facing me. She was just chewing on her fingers and all of the sudden she smiled her biggest smile to someone behind me. I turned around and Mike was standing in the doorway smiling at K. It was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Our little K has developed the oddest thing - she loves to do this little cough for laughing and crying. It's not a real cough but it's pretty funny. She started doing it a few days ago and every time she'd do it, it would get my attention and I'd laugh and she loved it. Now she does it a lot more often and I'm never quite sure if it's to get my attention or if she has just decided that this is the way she's supposed to laugh and cry.

She also is our little Houdini. We still swaddle her when she's sleeping but last night she kept unwrapping her left arm. I'd hear her talking to herself and I'd walk in and she would be sucking on her left hand. I would wrap her up again and a couple hours later, she'd have it out again!

There are definitely pros and cons to swaddling but the biggest con is what I'm dealing with right now - she doesn't sleep very long without being swaddled. I've only kept her arms out for napping but her naps usually don't last longer than an hour to an hour and a half and if she's upset at all when I'm putting her down without being swaddled, she won't go to sleep. So if you're thinking about swaddling your baby, I'd definitely think about when you'll have to train the baby to sleep without being swaddled. But then again, maybe I'm just not giving her enough credit. She may sleep through the night just fine without being swaddled - I just am not ready to give up my sleep just yet to find out.

By the way, I'd like to apologize for the ads that were on the side of the blog. I had no idea they were there. We use an ad-blocker on our browsers which obviously blocked all ads.

No comments:

Post a Comment