Monday, August 30, 2010

K's Room

Sometimes when K's grumpy, I will take her into her room. I'll tell her it's a special place and ask her if she remembers why. She always just stares at me which I take as a no. I go on to tell her it's special because it has all of her things in it. It's hers.

And that's what I love about her room. At the end of the day, I go to my room and she goes to hers. She never slept in our room. She's taken a few naps in our room but we never let her sleep with us like many people do. We realized after the first week or so that even if we did, it would do us no good. If something was wrong, we would have slept through it anyway unless she was crying pretty loudly.

Plus after we put her to bed for the night, we stay up and read, play games, and watch the most recent television show we missed in our room so it's nice she has her own room so we don't bother her. The cut down on noise is also supposed to help train her to know that it's night time.

I didn't actually remember that people keep babies in their rooms with them until last week and so I've been really curious to know what it would have been like if K was in our room with us. ... Guess I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment