Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Don't Need No Sleep Tonight

This is K's theme song.

She has this funny habit of not sleeping at night but I think it may have to do with the formula. We're just starting to figure out how to give it to her so it doesn't make her tummy upset. I can't wait until my body finally decides to kick into milk mode.

Last night she had a great night though. I actually woke up feeling mostly rested!

Since I feel like I spend most of my day feeding K, I've been thinking a lot about breast milk. I realize that there's certain situations that prevent mothers from breastfeeding but if you can, I don't understand why you wouldn't do it.

I think the whole birth thing is truly miraculous. I can't even begin to describe how amazing it is that bodies can provide a living space for a fetus. And then bodies continue to do amazing things by providing the perfect food for babies. What a miracle! And so I think it's odd when women choose to not breastfeed when they have the time and are perfectly able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment