Wednesday, June 9, 2010

week 36 day 4

I think when I'm more tired, I'm a lot easier distracted. Today's one of those days. I got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night and was hoping to sleep in a lot more than I ended up doing. But of course, my brain started reeling, going over everything I wanted to do today, so after laying in bed for 15 minutes, I decided to get up and get to work.

The only problem is that I haven't worked that much. I keep getting distracted. I haven't really finished anything I've started today. My list of things I need to buy next time I'm out has one thing on it. I thought I wrote more things down but I must have been side tracked by something. My bowl of yogurt is still sitting in front of me after an hour. I have unfinished emails and a lot of unfinished work. And do you know why?

I want to clean. I want to use all of those good-smelling cleaners and scrub this place down. I want to reorganize the office/Katie's room. I want to hang up the photos and find a better place for all of the boxes sitting under the stairs to go. I want to move Mike's amps because they're really bothering me. I want to do anything but sit here any longer. My nesting instinct is in full gear today and if I didn't have work to get done, I would follow that instinct and let it run my life today. It would also be easier if I didn't need to be careful around cleaners and if I could lift heavy objects again.

But I promised myself I would sit here until 3:30 pm at least. I'm really slipping on my work for multiple reasons and I'd rather not lose my job. There are only 45 minutes left. I can do it ... I think.

2 comments:

  1. good luck! I get SOOOO distracted when I'm trying to do work at home. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! It might also help to let that nesting instinct go for a while and then you wouldn't be so distracted because things would be organized and clean.

    ReplyDelete