Monday, June 7, 2010

week 36 day 2

Yesterday in Relief Society, I sat on "pregnancy row." Okay, that's not what it is actually called but all 3 ladies who are pregnant and due within the next 2 months were sitting on the row. The only difference is that they have kids and I don't but it felt good to be part of a "club." Ha.

Last night Mike couldn't sleep so I stayed up with him. We were up until 2 am playing and talking and then Mike fell fast asleep while I was in the bathroom and I was only gone for less than a minute. Anyway, while I was watching him play Chess, I had a stethoscope and it only took me a few minutes, but we finally were able to hear Katie's heartbeat! That was pretty cool. It was really hard to find but so worth it. Although, now we get to hear her heartbeat every week anyway at the doctor but this way, we can hear it daily! Or hourly!

Although the fact that I can feel her move really helps me feel more calm about the pregnancy. It's hard in the first few months when you can't feel the baby move at all. After a dear friend's miscarriage and with how worried I was already about miscarriage, it was hard to get through the day without wondering/crying/worrying if she was there or if her little spirit was already gone.

Now I just wonder if she's moving enough. She usually moves around 5 am, 8:30 am, noon, 3 or 4 pm, 7 or 8 pm, and midnight. Since her movement doesn't wake me up anymore, I have no idea if she's moving while I'm asleep. But I wonder if these are the times she'll be awake for feedings once she's born. It'll be interesting to see if she is. If so, I can definitely deal with these times. When it's one of these times though, and I can't really feel her move, I start worrying. But usually all I have to do is sit still for a while and then she'll start moving which is a big relief since I don't want to have to go to the hospital before I actually have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment