Monday, May 17, 2010

week 33 day 2

Back from Hawaii and a million times more tired than last week, it's back to real life. I explained to Mike last night that for the past couple of months, I've had something big to look forward to and Hawaii was the last big thing I had to look forward to because the next thing is having a baby ... and that's scary.

This was the picture that was taken yesterday. I had all of my clothes that I just bought that actually fit in the wash so I had to wear an old shirt that didn't fit. I forgot to mention that 2 Fridays ago I went to Target and bought a few shirts that are a little longer and fit a little better. Disappointingly, most of them were regular shirts - the maternity clothes are mostly still huge on me. I just thought for sure that by 33 weeks, I'd be able to wear maternity shirts.

I got about 2 hours of sleep 2 nights ago as we were making our way back home from Hawaii. Our plane left at 10:20 pm Hawaii time on Saturday night and arrived in Seattle at 7:04 am. We thought by some miracle we may have a chance of catching the 7:05 am flight back to SLC but we obviously missed it and had to wait until 10:16 am to leave to SLC.

Trying to sleep on the airplane was a lot more painful than I imagined it was going to be. I had so much back pain and pain just above my uterus that I couldn't sleep. I looked around at all the people near me and couldn't believe they were all asleep. There was no way to feel comfortable - even while flying First Class. So I ate my way through all the food the stewardess kept offering and slept every now and then.

Anyway, this morning, I got a lovely wake-up sound of a kid running upstairs. He didn't just run for a minute or so. No, he ran for at least an hour. But I realized that maybe it's okay because in 7 weeks, we're going to have a crying baby that might make it a little hard for our neighbors to sleep. And sleeping in isn't a pleasure I'll get very often. Although I would've really like to have slept this morning because my body is still trying to run on Hawaii time and is still exhausted from not sleeping on the plane.

Our little girl is getting big and moving quite a bit. She's been playing with my ribs all morning and trying to stretch out. I feel bad I'm keeping her so contained but I'll admit, I enjoy being able to keep a watchful eye on her all day without having to move. All I have to do is look down. It requires little energy and I like it.

1 comment:

  1. Your belly is so big and cute cute cute! That sucks that you missed your flight, but that's good that there was another one only a few hours later!