Friday, March 26, 2010

week 25 day 6

I've been awake for about an hour now.  Given that it's 3 am, it's not the most pleasant situation, however, I went to bed at 9 pm so 5 hours of sleep isn't too bad. 

When I first woke up at 2 am, the little baby was just moving and squirming all over.  Since she's getting bigger, I can feel her quite well these days.  I rubbed my belly, in hopes she would know I love her, and felt her little limbs push against me.  I can't help but wonder what exactly I'm feeling - a leg?  A arm?  Her head?

But the problem right now is that I'm having sleeping issues ... again.  My body wakes me up in the middle of the night and claims that it's done sleeping.  I would believe it because my body knows what's best, but when my body wants to nap all day, it's hard to believe that I'm actually getting enough sleep at night.  Hence the 9 pm bedtime last night.

However, maybe this is all just in preparation for the baby.  It's a given that I'll be up in the middle of the night and probably won't be able to go back to sleep all the time, hence naps.  Luckily Mike won't be in school during the summer so I should have a little extra time to take naps.  Nowadays, life just gets so busy with driving everywhere and trying to get things done around the apartment as well as for work, that I just don't get any time for naps.

Although today I took one in my car.  I got to Spanish Fork in 10 minutes when I thought it was going to take 20 so I had 10 extra minutes.  I thought of stopping by to say hi to Kristin but then realized 10 extra minutes isn't enough so I slept.  And it was good.

1 comment:

  1. You should have called me I was awake too! :) But I just stayed in bed and tried to relax until Chad got up for work at 6.

    ReplyDelete