Thursday, January 7, 2010

week 14 day 4

(I originally posted this on the wrong blog, hence the wrong date)

I forgot to mention yesterday that I found out I'm anemic.  I already figured that I am since I don't eat a lot of meat or ironized foods and I have really bad RLS so it just made since.  Iron pills always seem to fix my RLS.  But yesterday when I went to the doctor, he looked at my results from my blood test and informed me that I'm anemic and really need to start taking iron supplements.  I find it odd mostly because my last doctor looked at the exact same test results and said everything looked fine.  It would've been devastating to get into the 3rd trimester and find out I had a serious problem because of my anemia.

By the way, my RLS is at an all-time high.  I haven't slept well the past 4 nights because of it.  Two nights ago I was up from 2 am to 7:30 am wide awake thanks to RLS and the fact that once I wake up, I have a hard time going back to sleep.  This morning I woke up at 6:15 am and didn't go to sleep for an hour and a half.  RLS is awful.  Hopefully being able to take my iron supplements will help.

So as I mentioned yesterday, our little one is at 8.5 cm and 4 oz.  The doctor, before measuring, said that the baby would be about 2 oz right now.  But nope, ours is 4.  He's a fat little one, I just looked it up online to make sure the doctor had his averages correct.  He seems to be right in line for his length though.  But if his weight keeps increasing like this, I am not going to be a happy camper in a couple months.  I'm sure he'll slow down but seriously, what in the world is he eating right now?  I mean, yeah, I may overdose on pasta, sugar, and cheese, but I'm pretty sure he's not taking a whole lot from that.  I think he likes my prenatal pill a lot more.

Also, I just looked up American Fork Hospital because I was really curious to see what I had given up and received from choosing this hospital over UVRMC and I'm really excited.  It looks really nice and I absolutely love that they encourage the baby to be in the same room as the mother.  Mike also gets a nice little sofa to sleep on.  So far it seems like we made a really good switch when we changed doctors 2 days ago.  They support a lot of things that I believe in when it comes to pregnancy and they give me their opinion yet the decision is ultimately up to me.  I like that.  I think the birthing day will be a good one minus my screaming and poor Michael's squished hand.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it sounds like your new doctor is a lot better than your old one. It's a good thing he caught your anemia. It's interesting it makes your RLS worse so you can't sleep, but being anemic often makes you sleepy. Hopefully the iron pills help, they usually do, it just may take a bit for them to make it around your system.

    ReplyDelete