Tuesday, November 10, 2009

week 6 day 3

So we went to the ob/gyn today and it was a lot more ... invasive than I was thinking the day was going to turn out to be. Not only did I get the regular checkups, but I also got to drink 32 oz. of water and hold it for about 2 1/2 hours.

At the regular checkup, my doctor couldn't hear a heart beat. My heart sunk. I was definitely pregnant but there was a possibility I could be carrying a baby that wasn't alive ... ?!

So I had to come back in about an hour to do an ultrasound. Well, I drank my 32 oz of water while eating out at Quizno's ... mmm ... and got back to the doctor's office. The ultrasound technician never arrived. About an hour after she was supposed to be there, the receptionist finally got a hold of the technician's husband. He said that she had left home in time to arrive on time to work. That's bad news. So this girl and I got appointments to go up to Orem's radiology center right then so we could keep holding our bladders.

Once we get up to the other hospital, it was a long 30-minute wait to get the ultrasound done. Finally it was our turn, we walked in, she pressed on my bladder quite hard with the little thing, and informed me we were doing a vaginal ultrasound. Seriously?!

So I finally got to release my bladder and spent the next 5 minutes worried and on the verge of tears because I didn't even want to be there and I definitely didn't want to hear that our baby had already died.

She started again and there it was. It was the little baby and its little heart beating so fast. It must've been beating at 300 bpm because it was beating quickly! And then I cried. After 4 hours of stress and worry, we got to see the little one! The best part, we have pictures to prove it! The bad news, I thought I was 10 weeks along, but really it's only 6 weeks and 3 days. But our baby has the possibility of being a 4th of July baby and that's fun. Fireworks every year for your birthday!

So the little baby is .64 cm and is just beating away. It's relieving that I have another extra month to prepare for this ... not so great that we'll be on a cruise during the height of my nausea.

No comments:

Post a Comment