Tuesday, December 7, 2010

With our schedules lately, it's been hard to get K into bed between 7 and 7:30 pm each night which has led to a really grumpy baby.  Today is no different.  She keeps crying (I think it's because she's tired, but I would be too if I woke up and cried from 2:30-3 am) and it reminds me of the first couple weeks of her being home with us.  She would cry and sometimes I just had no idea what she wanted.  I'm so glad we're past the first couple of weeks.

A few days ago, a friend who just had a baby leaned over to me and asked, "Does it get easier?"  To be honest, I almost cried because I knew exactly how she feels.  Classes, books, relatives, friends ... no one really prepares you for the first few weeks of being a new mom.  But my advice was to take advantage of it too.  K's only 5 months old (today) and she wiggles all over the place when I try to hold her like I could 5 months ago and she's just not as easy going as she was a few short months ago.

On the other hand, some new moms seem to handle it like it's no big deal.  They're baking, out shopping, doing everything it seems like they normally would and I have no idea how they do it.  Maybe they're just good at hiding.  Either way, it's sure impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment