Thursday, December 24, 2009

week 12 day 5

Almost to the 2nd trimester! Exciting stuff!

Well, I've definitely gained more of a belly. I was really hungry last night and Mike said he'd take me anywhere to eat dinner so of course, I chose Cafe Rio. Somehow, after 5 years of loving that place and eating at it constantly, I never tire of it. I ate half of a burrito and a lot of chips and salsa. It was good and added to the pudge on my belly. Thank you Cafe Rio!

We then went to Sub Zero to share a small ice cream. It was very good. We got Mt. Dew syrup with gummy bears. It's my second favorite. However, I had 2 small bites and then realized that I'm eating caffeine so I quickly stopped and wished I had more of a gag reflex than I do.

Isn't it interesting that pregnancy follows the Word of Wisdom (D&C 89)? Something as miraculous as pregnancy encourages the correct way to eat and live. I find it amazing how if we live the gospel and its principles, we are protected. In this case of pregnancy, we are protected from unnecessary miscarriages and deformities.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Wow, what a fun Christmas card to get in the mail today--what a fun way to announce the news! This is going to be a fun, busy year for new grandkids, aye? And the cousins will get to play together and have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim! I don't know if I could keep the news secret for that long! I appreciate this blog though...I love it! Grab me if you ever need anything okay? Studying does not over rule my prego sister-in-law! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the exact same thoughts about the Word of Wisdom. Love it.

    ReplyDelete