Saturday, June 26, 2010

week 38 day 7

Goodbye week 38.

Mike and I were talking about how grateful we are to have been on the vacations that we've been on before having our little kiddo. At 9 weeks we went on our cruise and Universal Studios (definitely not as fun when you're pregnant - I remember a lot of walking around by myself while the others went on rides) and at 32 weeks, we went to Hawaii. So really, thank you to all of those people who made these vacations possible. They not only made pregnancy go by faster, but they really gave Mike and I some good time together before our lives are never the same ever again.

Today was a long day of work. Unless I'm sitting at a computer entering data, work never really feels like work which is a good thing. But being basically 39 weeks pregnant and being at a conference from 8:30 am to 6 pm ... well, it's stressful on a body which mostly includes contractions, sore feet, and a tired back since it supports a lot of extra weight.

Oh, and my wonderful coworkers gave us a carrier and one of my favorite outfits. So thank you!

It's so weird to think that in 2 weeks, we'll probably have a baby. Am I really ready to be a mom? I still feel like I was just thrown into it but I'm sure I'll pick up on it pretty fast. I mean, I became a Chess master within days ... and then I stopped playing and now I'm right back to where I was a month ago ... hopeless. That's probably a good thing to teach Katie - to stick with things to become better at them - don't just give up once you think you're doing alright.

Daily naps around 1-4 pm are becoming a really bad habit for me. By that time of the day, I'm absolutely exhausted and if I lay down, I'm out for a couple of hours. But I can definitely tell it's something my body really needs ... if only I actually had time for such a long nap everyday. I do find that I'm lacking in other areas of my life when I nap but I think it's okay. Plus I love naps. I mean, there was a reason why I fell asleep in almost every single college class I attended almost everyday.

Hello week 39. Please bring us good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment