Wednesday, April 14, 2010

week 28 day 4

So I woke up very early this morning - 3 am. I, of course, was hoping I would go back to sleep so I stayed in bed for another hour just thinking about all the things I could be doing and how everything is going to fit and be placed in the place we're moving into. And finally I decided to get up at 4.

After a couple hours of work, I decided to lay back down around 8 am. I fell asleep on the couch because if Mike was getting ready for work, I didn't want him to wake me up until it was time to leave. I slowly woke up at 9:30, started singing a song (I don't know why I do that lately) and all of the sudden I started screaming. I had a charlie horse in my leg and haven't had one for over 12 years and forgot how much it hurts. Mike ran over to me, trying to get me to stretch my leg but I couldn't. I just kept yelling "help" and screaming. At one intense point I yelled, "I think I'm dying!" Ha. Mike helped me through the pain and I stopped screaming.

And that was when I knew ... I have to get an epidural.

At one point I remembered that I need to breathe and relax but after taking one deep breath I realized I wasn't trying to relax my belly area and so there was no point.

I've read for quite a few weeks about how pregnant women are more likely to get charlie horses and many mornings I wake up with a slight charlie horse but it's never painful. I just stretch my leg and it's gone. I just feel bad for all the ladies that have to go through this more regularly. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment